SGMP Member Bill of Rights
- Members have the right to respect
SGMP is our membership and the Society has no life separate from its members.
- Members have the right to be heard
Members have a voice in the Society and can expect that leadership and staff respond to their input.
- Members have the right to leaders who put the Society first
Leadership is service to others and being true to the Society’s mission.
- Members have the right to lawful and ethical leadership
Members can expect and demand that elected leaders and staff comply with all governing laws, policies and ethical standards.
- Members have the right to participate in governance
The Society is run democratically and allows members to vote and seek leadership positions. Members can expect transparency in governance and operations.
- Members have the right to have Society funds used to advance our mission
SGMP leaders have a fiduciary responsibility to manage Society funds and assets for the good of the entire Society. SGMP funds are to be used for meeting member needs of today, ensuring the sustainability of operations, and preparing for the Society’s future.